1. Types of Personal Information we collect
As part of delivering our Services we may collect personal information about you as defined under the Privacy Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”). We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Registration information: this includes information that we collect when you register to use our Website by creating an Account. The information we collect includes your name, email address, and other contact details and any other information you directly give us at the registration stage.
- User information: this includes information that you have provided to us when using the Website. The information we collect includes customer level data (such as your billing address, shipping address and telephone number), order level data (such as order numbers and products) and any other additional information you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of the Website. We use such information to assist in providing our services to you (including the supply of Products).
- Profile information: this includes any information you choose to store on the Website that will assist us in delivering our services to you and includes information regarding any subscriptions.
- Financial information: this includes information such as payment card details and bank account details. We use this information to send to our third party payment gateways when you make payment through the Website.
- Website use information: When you use our Website, for example when you contact us, we collect information that enables the Website to be able to run.
- Surveys: information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions;
- Other information we collect related to your use of the Website: your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information and any other information provided by you to us via our Website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
2. How we collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where:
- you register or sign up to the Website (or when you login through social media);
- you use the Website to enter in user content including when you purchase Products and checkout on the Website;
- you use the Website generally;
- you subscribe to any of our newsletters;
- you contact us through our Website, in person, by phone or in writing;
- you submit any of our online sign up forms;
- you communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- you interact with our Website, social applications, services, content and advertising; and
- you invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase of our business.
Where we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Social media and cookies
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our Services or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your Services usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
3. Use of your Personal Information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate the Website and provide services or information to you including to:
- assist in streaming and personalising information for you;
- enable us to process your orders for Products;
- enable us to process your personal data;
- to manage our relationship with you, including information about similar products or terms and conditions or send you an email reminder that a task you have performed on our Website remains uncompleted such an incomplete form;
- enable you to communicate with us regarding your use of the Website;
- confirm your identity;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing the services to you;
- communicate with you about your Account, or any transaction;
- to be de-identified for the purposes of generating statistical data and improving the Website;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes, including accounting purposes;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to administer and protect our services;
- to enable you to take part in a competition;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth)). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application of employment from you.
4. Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, service providers who assist us to provide the Services to you such as providers of website development services, postal and shipping agents, information technology service providers, contractors, accounting service providers including our accounting software platform and other third parties who provide us with any assistance located inside or outside of Australia. If we disclose personal information outside of Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in adherence with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send the personal information to or to third parties where permitted under the Privacy Act. This also includes:
- your authorised representatives;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties through the use of the services where you have consented to such use.
We may also aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information including sensitive information to make it available for the purposes of generating statistical data for the conducting of research and improving the Website.
Where you leave a review of our Products, services, events, courses or programs, or if you tag us in any of your own material (including any social media post on your personal account) you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and create derivative works from, distribute and display such content through the world in any media.
5. Storage & security
We use third-party cloud providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measure to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Services may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
7. Requesting access or correcting your Personal Information
Subject to the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and correct any personal information about you that we may hold. If you wish to request access to the personal information, we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If we receive a request from you to access or correct personal information we will respond to you within a reasonable time after receiving your request and in the manner requested by you, if it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to the information.
8. If we can’t collect your Personal Information
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the Website to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide the Products to you;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about the Website that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Website to your preferences and your experience of our services may not be as enjoyable or useful.
9. Notifiable data breach
In the event that there is a data breach and we are required to comply with the notification of eligible data breaches provisions in Part IIIC of the Privacy Act or any other subsequent sections or legislation which supersede this Part IIIC, we will follow our relevant notifiable data breach procedures in compliance with the Privacy Act and relevant laws.
11. Enquiries, requests & complaints
If you think your personal information, held by us, may have been compromised in any way or you have any other Privacy related complaints or issues, you should also raise the matter with the Privacy Officer.
We will ensure your claims are investigated and a formal response will be provided to you, within a reasonable time, considering the circumstances of your claims. If any corrective action is determined to be required, as a result of that investigation, we will take all reasonable steps to rectify the situation and advise you of such, again within a reasonable time considering the circumstances.
If we do not resolve your enquiry, concern or complaint to your satisfaction or you require further information in relation to any privacy matters, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission, whose contact details are below.
Office of the Australian information Commission
Telephone 1300 363 992
Email [email protected]
Office Address Level 3, 175 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Postal Address GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001